Visit my YouTube Channel
Tony Lee Glenn Detailed History (Employment & More)
1982 – Graduated from Mitchell High School – Ledger, NC
Class Rank 11/163 – National Honor Society, Captain Varsity Football, Basketball, FCA, Student Government.
1982-1986 – Began Mars Hill College on partial athletic (football) scholarship and academic (Marshbanks-Anderson) scholarship. Injury led to end of athletic pursuits.
Began as biology major, then switched to English/Communications (with journalism, public speaking, feature writing as well as world, English, and American Literature concentration.
Served as Student RA, English & Logic tutor, radio disc jockey, intramural basketball & other activities.
Won Evelyn Anderson outstanding English Student award & scholarship
Completed successful internship in television promotions at 13WLOS-TV in Asheville, NC.
Graduated Magna Cum Laude GPA 3.81/4.0, BA in English/Communications (class rank 11/261)
1986 – Accepted to Campbell University School of Law, but decided not to attend after extended conversations with many attorneys
1986 – Began employment in management program with Brendles, Inc. department stores. Was chosen for specialized training in recruitment & personnel, helping staff new stores.
1987 – Assigned to Brendles C-volume store in Burlington, NC as Assistant Store Manager. Within 10 months store profits brought them to B-volume status.
Late 1987 – Promoted to Brendles A-volume store in Hickory, NC as Assistant Store Manager.
1988-1991 – Accepted position of Director of Personnel Services at Mayland Community College (Mitchell, Avery, Yancey counties) in western NC. Also served as Safety Director and EEO Compliance Officer.
Late 1991 – Married and moved to Conover, NC – took job with Engineering & Environmental Services, drawing maps on Mac IIci, writing reports, groundwater & environmental assessment, research, and accounts receivable duties.
1993-Present – Began freelance business – Valley Graphics (later Valley Graphics & Video Productions) – initially print design only, progressing to web development, audio production for radio, video production, photography, writing, public relations, logo design, brand development, and corporate communications.
1994-1997 – Accepted position with Christian Tours in Newton, NC. Duties included graphic design, web design, tour advertising writing, charters, tour direction.
1997 (9 months) Accepted position with Catawba Valley Community College as Director of Personnel Services. Was offered expanded role to return to Christian Tours.
1998-2002 – Re-hired by Christian Tours. Duties included graphic design, tour development, web design, digital video production, tour development & writing, charters, preformed tours, sales, tour direction.
2002-2013 – Accepted position with Blue Ridge HealthCare, Marketing & Public Relations Department (Morganton & Valdese, NC.) Responsibilities – print graphic design, web development, digital video production, photography, radio & other audio production, corporate communications & more. The hospital system is affiliated with the larger Carolinas HealthCare System, centered out of Charlotte, NC.
2005-2011 – Director of Television Ministry at Woodlawn Baptist Church in Conover, NC. Directed and produced weekly television shows for WHKY-TV14 in Hickory. Also produced a weekly AM radio show for broadcast in Catawba Valley.
2008-2013 – Blue Ridge HealthCare contracts with Cleveland County HealthCare System(CCHS) which included Cleveland Regional Medical Center and Kings Mountain Hospital. I was assigned additional web development, video production, writing & other duties.
2010-2011 – Blue Ridge HealthCare contracts with Wilkes Regional Medical Center. I am assigned additional web development and video production work. For budgetary reasons contract is not renewed after first year.
2014 – January – November – Promoted to Corporate Web Team for Carolinas HealthCare System (parent organization for Blue Ridge HealthCare and Cleveland County HealthCare System).
2014 – November – August 2016 – Accepted Marketing Manager position with Mission Health in Asheville. I oversee marketing for the multi-award-winning Heart Program at Mission Health, and also lead marketing initiatives for the Blue Ridge Regional Medical Center in Spruce Pine, NC. In this position I manage marketing budgets and projects to promote services in primary, tertiary and quaternary markets, including web development, video production, social media, corporate communications, media relations and more.
2016 – August – Present – Accepted Digital Media Manager position at Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge in Morganton and Valdese, NC. I am the system’s video production specialist, website designer, photographer and social media manager. I serve two hospitals, two health and rehabilitation centers, a retirement community, wellness center, three urgent cares, free-standing pain management and diagnostic imaging centers, as well as over 30 physician practices.
More Tony Lee Glenn Facts
About my employment with Carolinas HealthCare System, parent company of my long-time employers – Blue Ridge HealthCare (BRHC) and Cleveland County HealthCare System (CCHS) is the second largest healthcare organization in America (after the Veteran’s Administration Hospitals). They operate over 900 healthcare locations with more than 7,400 patient beds. Their $7.7 billion corporate budget places them high among Fortune 500 companies.
Details about my responsibilities – Although some portions of my job now consume more time than others, these are the functions I have filled in the Marketing & Public Relations Department:
- Video Production (shooting, editing, producing) for television, theater and internet advertising and education/information. I use high-definition flash-memory camcorders, steadicam, Cobra-Crane II, Orbit Dolly. I record enhanced audio with Zoom H2 recorders. I edit with Adobe Premiere Pro software, and create special effects with Adobe After Effects. I build Blu-ray and DVD content with Adobe Encore software. I favor a relaxed interview style. I shoot interviews with patients and medical staff, surgical videos, documentary-style videos, advertisements, educational videos and others as required. Very experienced with green and blue screen videography.
- Print Design including MedEdge magazine, billboards, newspaper & magazine ads, banners, brochures, flyers, posters, calendars, corporate logos, imprints for promotional items, signage, and more. For design I utilize Adobe Creative Suite 6 software including: Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Social Media Development – Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Writing of news, feature, public relations and advertising copy
- Photography using professional-level DSLR cameras. I am expert level with Adobe Creative Suite software for photo editing
- Digital Illustration including illustrations for medical procedural publications, hospital and practice location maps and more
- Video Production Services – shooting, editing, special effects, compositing & scoring for promotional videos, TV ads, documentaries, social media, education, training & corporate communications, how-to, travel & tourism, nature and more
- Print Graphic Design – catalogs, newsletters, corporate brochures, large format posters for trade-shows, billboards, magazine & newspaper ads, packaging and more
- Digital Photography – product photography, corporate & social events, stock imagery, nature, weddings, documentary and more
- Website Design – hundreds of sites and micro-sites, social media, video for web, html email, web optimized PDF and more.
- Audio Production – editing for radio, sound on hold, and voice-over video, using multi-track software including Audition, Sonar, Soundbooth, Ableton Live, Digital Juice Stacktraxx, Digital Orchestrator Pro, etc. As a musician I have scored and recorded many original music compositions for video and audio advertisements, dramatic performances, musicals, etc.
- Copy Writing and editing for print, audio and video advertising projects
- Logo Design and Corporate Image
Clients include or have included:
PBS National (Chicago), Newsboys (Christian recording artists), Park Dansan, Times Fiber-Amphenol Corporation, Panamerican Screw Corporation, Work in Burke Initiative, Toney Tours, GP Sullins Mining Land Corporation, Community Foundation of Burke County, Woodlawn Baptist Church, Southern Pump & Tank, Classic Leather, Legacy Tours, First Baptist Church Morganton NC, Buck Stove Corporation, Volex Corporation, Brown Mountain Lights Consortium, SEPS Graphics, Lake James Family Campground, Dr. Alan Jacks, MD, Gateway International Missions, Roger Teague (RT) Services, Carolina Country Theater, Whiteacre Band, ZOSO Led Zeppelin Tribute Band, Newday Christian Church, Carolina Country Magazine, MedEdge Magazine, Beanstalk Journey Corporate, Liz Beach Properties, Catawba County United Way, Orndoff Law, Perry Beeson Dentistry, Caldwell County Schools, Firebonz Restaurants, Tour De Links Golf, Mimosa Christian Counseling, Avery County YMCA, Rotary Club of Catawba County, Catawba County Christian Ministries, Shane Pruitt Band, Jacob Johnson Band, Flint Hill Band, and many more.
Special training I’ve completed
- Lynda.com Training Courses – hundreds of hours studying tutorials of all Adobe Creative Suite and Video Production software
- Entire Total Training Video courses in Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, & Illustrator (over 40 hours)
- HOW Design Conference in Las Vegas – 2006
- Studied Graphic Design in New York City with celebrated designer John Sposato – 2004
- Adobe Creative Suite Training Seminar – 2003
- Numerous training sessions at Charlotte Graphic Arts Shows (1996 – 2004)
- Studied digital publishing output with the esteemed Charles Sappington of Computer Tree – 1995
- Completed Apple Corporation’s Primer on Digital Publishing, 1993
About my personal pursuits – Things I love to do in my scant spare time include: songwriting & playing various instruments (primarily acoustic & electric guitar), writing fiction, reading the Bible, experimenting with new photographic and videography techniques, swimming, hiking, exploring, exercise, cooking, reading, watching TV, visiting friends, flying and taking naps with our pug.